Do you deserve a holiday or bonus
4 things you need to know about bonuses:
1. There is no statutory requirement in the labour law to pay bonuses.
2. Bonuses are not regulated by labour legislation and are done with the discretion of the employer.
3. Employers are warned that if a bonus has been included in the employee’s contract or in the company’s policy, the bonus must legally be paid.
4. Failure to pay the bonus if it has been agreed upon by the employer and employee may result in a breach of contract.
4 things you need to know about annual leave:
1. Annual leave is regulated by labour legislation, however these laws do not apply to an employee who works less than 24 hours per month.
2. Employees are entitled to 21 consecutive days annual leave on full remuneration, in each annual leave cycle.
3. If an employee works a five-day week then this is equal to 15 working days.
4. Many companies have a shutdown period over December where the employer is rightfully entitled to state that annual leave must be taken to coincide with the shutdown period.
Need more information?
If you would like more information on this topic, please speak to one of our legal advisers by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0860 587 587.
Or find more information on our legal plans.