Trauma Assist is a breakthrough in mobile emergency assistance. It is a telephonic panic service that links your cell phone to a 24-hour emergency call centre.
In an emergency, you would press your pre-selected panic number saved on your mobile phone and the Trauma Assist emergency call centre will phone you back and help with your emergency from start to completion.
Our emergency call centre operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and is run by professionally trained and highly experienced crisis managers, using the latest location-based services.
Unlimited, telephonic support and trauma counselling following a traumatic event.
- This includes, but is not limited to: exposure to armed robbery; household fire; death of a spouse or child; trauma from suicide and/or mental health issues; hijacking; serious assault; rape; serious motor vehicle accident; diagnosis of a life-threatening illness.
- Face to face trauma counselling is limited to R10 000 in total per annum for immediate family members and is limited to R5 000 per family member.
Members who experience family related problems requiring counselling will be referred to specialist agencies
24/7 telephonic nurse assistance on call
Unlimited access to a nurse on call through the call centre. Members can make use of the unlimited, 24/7 call centre to get medical advice and receive nurse counselling. The call centre provides support and advice throughout the treatment process.
- Pre- and post-test counselling for chronic diseases (including, but not limited to, HIV).
- Symptom assessment and advice
- Pre-surgical counselling and advice
- Child and baby care
Call the nurse whenever you are feeling sick and/or if you are in pain. The nurse on call will be available to assist you and give you advice.
Emergency assistance and evacuation
Unlimited access to emergency assistance and/or evacuation.
- If a member requires emergency assistance and/or evacuation, a private emergency ambulance will be dispatched. The member is taken to a medical facility. This service is only provided in life-threatening circumstances as assessed by the medical team on call. We will arrange transport to the nearest medical facility that is appropriate to your specific emergency.
Call for an ambulance when you or a loved one’s life is in danger and if you/they are in need of immediate medical help.
TRAUMA ASSIST WILL ENSURE THAT:
- You’ll never have to remember an emergency number
- You’ll never be alone in an emergency
- With the push of a button on your cell phone, you’ll have access to all the support services you need in an emergency
How do I arrange my trauma assist package
Call Legal&Tax now on 0860 587 587 or SMS "Help" to 31690 to arrange your Trauma Assist benefit. Our consultants are waiting for your call.
- Cost incurred and arrangements made independently of the Trauma Assist package will not be reimbursed.
- Partners and benefits may change from time to time.
- If Telkom lines are down in an emergency, call 084 124 to access the Trauma Assist emergency call centre.
- Terms and Conditions apply.