HealthCare Prestige Individual Plan
R20 000 cash back per year
R4 000 per hospital admission
five admissions per year
Cash-back when admitted to hospital
We pay you out R1 000 per day, up to four days per hospital admission. This plan covers five admissions or R20 000 per year.
You need to have been admitted to hospital for 48 hours or more per admission to qualify for the payment.
Emergency medical response and transportation
Your plan includes private emergency medical response and transportation to the nearest medical facility. The life saving benefit is unlimited.
Transportation to medical facilities is provided in life-threatening circumstances as assessed by the medical team on call.
Call for an ambulance when your life is in danger and if you are in need of immediate medical attention.
24/7 telephonic nurse assistance on call
Your plan provides 24/7 access to a nurse on call through the call centre. You can use this service for medical advice and to receive medical counselling, support and advice from a qualified nurse throughout your treatment process, including:
- Pre- and post-test counselling for chronic diseases (including HIV/AIDS).
- Pre- and post-surgical counselling and advice
- Symptom assessment and advice
- Child and baby care
Call the nurse whenever you are feeling sick or if you are in pain. The nurse on call will be available to assist you and give you advice.
Mental health is just as important as physical health which is why your plan includes unlimited, telephonic support and trauma counselling following traumatic events such as:
- Exposure to armed robbery, hijacking, assault and rape
- Household fires
- Death of a spouse or child
- Trauma caused by suicide mental health issues of a loved one
- Motor vehicle accident
- Diagnosis of a life-threatening illness
When you experience problems requiring face-to-face counselling as determined by our counselors we will refer you to specialists for face-to-face counselling limited to R5 000 per year.
The HealthCare Prestige Individual Plan covers you at the following premiums
- Up to 60 years: R150 per month
- From 61-70 years: R225 per month
- From 71-80 years: R240 per month
- From 81-90 years R255 per month
- From 91 years and above: R270