Cash-back when admitted to hospital
We pay you out R1 000 per day, up to four days per hospital admission. This plan covers five admissions or R20 000 per year.
You, your spouse or children under 18 need to have been admitted to hospital for 48 hours or more per admission to qualify for the payment.
Emergency medical response and transportation
Your family plan includes private emergency medical response and transportation to the nearest medical facility. The life saving benefit is unlimited.
Transportation to medical facilities is provided in life-threatening circumstances as assessed by the medical team on call.
Call for an ambulance when your loved one's life is in danger and if you are in need of immediate medical attention.
24/7 telephonic nurse assistance on call
Your family plan provides 24/7 access to a nurse on call through the call centre. Your family can use this service for medical advice and to receive medical counselling, support and advice from a qualified nurse throughout their treatment process, including:
- Pre- and post-test counselling for chronic diseases (including HIV/AIDS).
- Pre- and post-surgical counselling and advice
- Symptom assessment and advice
- Child and baby care
Call the nurse whenever you or a family member are feeling sick or experiencing pain. The nurse on call will be available to assist you & your family and give you advice.
Your family's mental health is just as important as their physical health which is why your family plan includes unlimited, telephonic support and trauma counselling following traumatic events such as:
- Exposure to armed robbery, hijacking, assault and rape
- Household fires
- Death of a spouse or child
- Trauma caused by suicide mental health issues of a loved one
- Motor vehicle accident
- Diagnosis of a life-threatening illness
When your family experiences problems requiring face-to-face counselling as determined by our counselors we will refer you to specialists for face-to-face counselling. The face-to-face counselling benefit is limited to R10 000 per family and R5 000 per family member per year.
The HealthCare Prestige Family Plan covers you, your spouse and up to 5 dependants at the following premiums
- Up to 60 years: R250 per month
- From 61-70 years: R375 per month
- From 71-80 years: R400 per month
- From 81-90 years R425 per month
- From 91 years and above: 450