Debt Assist: Overview
When it comes to debt, you’re not alone. According to a report issued by the World Bank, South Africans are one of the biggest borrowers in the world. The truth is, most people are currently in debt. The important thing is, we’ll help you get your financial freedom back.
How can Debt Assist help?
- Our Debt Assist department is operated by professionals who include registered debt counsellors, attorneys and experienced negotiators
- We guarantee confidentiality
- If you do not wish to be placed under debt review, we can negotiate payment arrangements on your behalf and assist by asking for extensions to avoid repossession of your assets or assess if sequestration may be the best option to relieve your financial stress
- We offer you access to unlimited advice, from budgeting to taking out loans
- We offer protection from being harassed and pressured by credit providers and debt collectors.
- We’ll help you restore and improve your credit record profile
You will pay what you can afford and maintain a dignified lifestyle
We care about our members and want to give you a guiding hand wherever the path of life leads you. For this reason, Debt Assist is included in our legal and funeral packages.
Call 0860 587 587 or SMS "Debt" to 31690 and we'll call you back.
Sometimes, members get into debt for good reasons – like giving their kids the education they deserve. We understand that not all debt is a result of irresponsible spending. Our debt advisors can help you find a way to manage your debt at a rate that is manageable for you.
Debt assistance includes the following services
Debt doesn’t have to be forever. We’re here to offer you support and knowledge to get you back on track with your finances
The first step in managing your debt is understanding your personal financial situation so you can learn how to better use your money in the future.
Our Debt Assist experts can help you by communicating directly with the Credit Bureau on your behalf. They will also help you find an affordable way to pay off your debts.
If your salary is being garnished, don’t panic. Our Debt Assist experts can help you reach a settlement and reduce your monthly payments.
This is the process where we will help you reach a suitable arrangement with the creditor’s representative, or negotiate to settle your debts in order to avoid litigation.
Our Debt Assist experts have the knowledge and experience to investigate the actions carried out by the creditors and help you avoid repossession.
Debt counselling is a legal process, where you apply to have your debt restructured so that you can make everyday payments and still be able to pay off your debt at a reduced instalment amount.