We offer you unlimited advice on any personal tax matter around the clock. This service is provided over the phone, but where necessary we will also assist with:
- Face-to-face consultations with you (Johannesburg branch only)
- Communications with the South African Revenue Services (SARS) on your behalf
This service is included in The following plans:
Completion of tax returns
As an exclusive added benefit for Legal Prestige + and Legal Prestige members we will also assist with the completion and submission of your tax returns.
Fees apply to previous year’s tax returns.
This service includes
- Assessment audits
- Objections against assessments
- General tax queries
There is a one month waiting period from first successful debit for Tax Return submission to be completed.
Outstanding tax returns from previous years
There is a R350 tax levy per outstanding tax return from previous years.
Legal Prestige+: Included
Legal Prestige: Included
What documents are required for the completion of an annual tax form? (ITR12 Tax Return)
- Correctly completed power of attorney. We will not be able to complete your tax returns without this
- IRP5 tax certificate
- Medical aid tax certificate, if you belonged to a medical aid for any portion of the tax year
- Retirement annuity tax certificate, if you made contributions to a retirement annuity fund for any portion of the tax year
- Detailed logbook specifying each business trip, if you want to claim against a traveling allowance, or if your employer provided vehicle benefit
- Details of any income received, except salary. For example: interest on investments, business or rental income
- Details of any fixed property transactions
Please include your policy, ID number or contact number when sending any documentation to Legal&Tax
Where to send these documents
Fax + 27 (11) 728 0910
Documents will only be accepted from 1 July 2019.
Documents are required for the period 1 March 2018 to 28 February 2019.
Should you have any queries, please contact us at Legal&Tax on 0860 587 587 or SMS "Tax" to 31690
When must I submit an annual tax form? (ITR12 Tax Return)
- If you earn more than R500 000 per year.
In June 2019 SARS increased this limit from R350 000. Even if this now excludes you from submitting a return, it may be a good idea to reconsider skipping this filing season, for example maintaining an unbroken tax record with SARS stands you in good stead.
- If you have worked for more than one employer during a tax year (March to February the following year).
- If you were not employed for the full tax year.
- If you receive income other than a salary or pension, for instance: interest on investments, rental or business income, including a lump sum from a pension or provident fund.
- If you make medical aid, or retirement annuity contributions, that are not administrated through your employer’s payroll system.
- If you receive any allowance from your employer, for example a traveling or subsistence allowance.