A small monthly subscription gives you access to
our Legal Pocket+ plan, including:
Up to R110 000 per case (not per year) in order to pay for legal fees.
Advice and assistance from our team of qualified lawyers.
Access to our range of additional benefits, such as Trauma Assist and Debt Assist
GET UP TO R110 000 TO PAY FOR LEGAL FEES PER CASE WITH LEGAL POCKET+
For R105 a month, Legal Pocket+ offers you:
Our team of qualified lawyers are always available to assist you with:
- Face-to-face consultations (Johannesburg branch only);
- Communication and negotiations with other parties on your behalf;
- Advice on legal matters.
We’ll get in touch.
With Legal Pocket+, you’ll also get:
In times of stress, we’re the ones to call. From telephonic trauma counselling and face-to-face trauma counselling to a private ambulance service and medical assistance, Legal&Tax goes the extra mile for our members.*
How does it work?
- Look out for the SMS you will receive when you join.
- You MUST save this to speed dial.
- In an emergency, press the allocated button on your phone, and a crisis manager will call you within 30 seconds.
* Includes main members, spouse and children under the age of 18.
Find out more about more information on Trauma Assist.
Debt affects many of us, but that doesn't mean it can't be conquered. With Legal&Tax, a professional debt counsellor will help you restructure your debts, ensuring your repayments are manageable and affordable.
Find out more information on Debt Assist.
After Hours Bail Emergency Service
If a member is arrested after hours, we’ll get a lawyer to you. We will also reimburse you for your for fees on condition you have a justified and valid defence.*
* Provided all the conditions of the policy have been met.
Members who have been retrenched from their jobs are entitled to 6 months’ free premiums on their policy, provided their premiums have been fully paid for the previous 12 months.
When would you need legal cover?
The following are some of the situations that may require legal advice and assistance:
- Unfair dismissal
- Motor accidents or “third party” claims
- Personal injury or wrongful death
- Damage to property
- Contractual disputes
- Residential building disputes
- Defective goods
- Lease or body corporate complaints
- Insurance or medical aid claims that are unfairly rejected
- Wrongful prosecution
What’s not covered?
The most common exclusions are prior events (i.e. pre-existing matters), business matters, family matters and deliberate criminal acts. Read the full policy document detailing the terms, conditions and exclusions. Please remember that even if your matter is not covered, we are always here to help with free advice.
All the tools, tips and guides you need, courtesy of Legal&Tax.