A small monthly subscription gives you access
to our Legal Prestige+ plan:
Up to R330 000 per case (not per year) in order to pay for legal fees.
Advice and assistance from our team of qualified lawyers.
Access to our range of benefits such as Trauma Assist and tax advice.
GET UP TO R330 000 TO PAY FOR LEGAL FEES PER CASE WITH LEGAL PRESTIGE+
For R289 a month, Legal Prestige+ offers you:
Our team of qualified lawyers are always available to assist you with:
- Face-to-face consultations (Johannesburg branch only);
- Communication and negotiations with other parties on your behalf;
- Advice on any legal matter.
We’ll get in touch.
With Legal Prestige+, you’ll also get:
In times of stress, we’re the ones to call. From telephonic trauma counselling and face-to-face trauma counselling to a private ambulance service and medical assistance, Legal&Tax goes the extra mile for our members.*
How does it work?
- Look out for the SMS you will receive when you join.
- You MUST save this to speed dial.
- In an emergency, press the allocated button on your phone, and a crisis manager will call you within 30 seconds.
* Includes main members, spouse and children under the age of 18.
Find out more about more information on Trauma Assist.
Debt affects many of us, but that doesn't mean it can't be conquered. With Legal&Tax, a professional debt counsellor will help you restructure your debts, ensuring your repayments are manageable and affordable, so you can enjoy a debt-free life.
Find out more information on Debt Assist.
Assistance with your annual tax returns by means of:
- Telephonic and face-to-face consultations
- Communications with the South African Revenue Services (SARS)
- General tax queries
- Registration as a taxpayer
- Outstanding tax returns
- Salary structuring
- Provisional tax
- General tax queries
- Completion of tax returns for you and your spouse
Find out more information on how we assist with tax returns.
Get financial assistance to cover the legal fees that may arise should you divorce.*
* Provided the member has paid their policy for 6 consecutive months.
* Divorce must be unchallenged and both parties must be in agreement with regards to the terms of the divorce.
Ante-Nuptial Contracts (ANC)
Ante Nuptial Contracts are covered after receiving 6 consecutive premium payments and you reside in a Metropolitan area. Applications must be made at least 8 weeks prior the date set for marriage.
After Hours Bail Emergency Service
While the after-hours bail advisory service applies to all members, Prestige+ members will in addition receive a refundable cash payment to be utilised to pay bail. Prestige+ members receive a maximum of R5 000 (“the covered amount”).
Members who have been retrenched from their jobs are entitled to 6 months’ free premiums on their policy, provided their premiums have been fully paid for the previous 12 months.
We’re always going above and beyond to constantly help our members through life’s stages and changes. That’s why we’ve introduced TeleTeacher, an added Legal&Tax benefit for our Prestige+ members, which aims to help grade 4 - 12 learners anywhere in the country, in major subjects and languages.
Find out more information on Teleteacher.
When would you need legal cover?
The following are some of the situations that would require legal advice and assistance:
- Unfair dismissal
- Motor accidents or “third party” claims
- Personal injury or wrongful death
- Damage to property
- Contractual disputes
- Residential building disputes
- Defective goods
- Lease or body corporate complaints
- Insurance or medical aid claims that are unfairly rejected
- Wrongful prosecution
What’s not covered?
The most common exclusions are prior events (i.e. pre-existing matters), business matters, family matters and deliberate criminal acts. Read the full policy document detailing the terms, conditions and exclusions. Please remember that even if your matter is not covered, we are always here to help with free advice.
All the tools, tips and guides you need, courtesy of Legal&Tax.