Cash-back when admitted to hospital
Payout of R2 000 per day up to 10 days, per family, per year. The member needs to have been admitted to hospital for 48 hours or more to qualify for the payment.
24/7 telephonic nurse assistance on call
Unlimited access to a nurse on call through the call centre. Members can make use of the unlimited, 24/7 call centre to get medical advice and receive nurse counselling. The call centre provides support and advice throughout the treatment process.
- Pre- and post-test counselling for chronic diseases (including, but not limited to, HIV).
- Symptom assessment and advice
- Pre-surgical counselling and advice
- Child and baby care
Call the nurse whenever you are feeling sick and/or if you are in pain. The nurse on call will be available to assist you and give you advice.
Emergency assistance and evacuation
Unlimited access to emergency assistance and/or evacuation.
- If a member requires emergency assistance and/or evacuation, a private emergency ambulance will be dispatched. The member is taken to a medical facility. This service is only provided in life-threatening circumstances as assessed by the medical team on call.
Call for an ambulance when you or a loved one’s life is in danger and if you/they are in need of immediate medical help.
Unlimited, telephonic support and trauma counselling following a traumatic event.
- This includes, but is not limited to: exposure to armed robbery; household fire; death of a spouse or child; trauma from suicide and/or mental health issues; hijacking; serious assault; rape; serious motor vehicle accident; diagnosis of a life-threatening illness.
Members who experience family related problems requiring counselling will be referred to specialist agencies