|Legal & Tax Products
||Legal Cover Per Case
|Legal and Tax Prestige Plus
||R 175 p/m
|Legal and Tax Prestige Plus + dependent
||R 245 p/m
(R70 per dependent p/m)
|Legal and Tax Prestige Plus and Funeral
||R 250 p/m
This plan includes all of the benefits of Legal and Tax Gold, but in addition provides you with:
- Completion of your annual Tax Returns (at no additional cost)
- R180 000 Legal costs cover (Legal prestige provides you with R130 000 cover)
Advice and Assistance
This plan provides immediate access to unlimited telephonic legal advice by our team of highly experienced in-house legal advisors (all qualified attorneys). In addition to advising you, your advisor will also assist you by means of:
- Face-to-face consultations
- Negotiations with the other party on your behalf
- Letters, faxes and telephone calls to other parties on your behalf
There are no exclusions. Advice is given on any legal matter (with the exception of business matters, where assistance is restricted to a "reasonable" amount of advice).
Legal Fees Insurance Cover
In addition to providing you with advice and assistance this plan provides you with Legal Fees Insurance Cover - of up to R180 000 per claim - for all legal matters requiring representation by a practicing attorney.
What is Legal Fees Insurance Cover?
Sometimes, legal solutions are not possible without the involvement of a practicing attorney. This is where Legal Prestige Plus steps in, by providing you with the funds to pay for an attorney to fight your case - up to R180 000 per claim. Subject to the terms of the policy, we cover you for any infringement of your legal rights. That is, whether you need to take legal action against someone, or someone takes legal action against you, Legal Prestige Plus covers you.
Some examples of what we cover include:
- Unfair dismissal or any other workplace related problems
- Matters involving your car, such as accidents or "3rd party" claims
- Claims for personal injury or wrongful death
- Claims for damage to your property
- Contractual disputes
- Building disputes relating to your residence, like defective workmanship
- Purchase of defective goods
- Problems with your lease or body corporate
- Insurance or medical aid claims unfairly rejected
- Criminal cases where you have been wrongfully prosecuted
- Uncontested Divorces
Legal and Tax Prestige Plus provides you with immediate access to unlimited personal tax advice by means of:
- Telephonic consultations
- Face-to-face consultations with you (where necessary)
- Communications with the South African Revenue Services
Our tax advisors will assist you with the following matters:
- Registration as a taxpayer
- Outstanding tax returns
- Salary structuring
- Provisional tax
- Assessment audits
- Objections assessment
- General tax queries
- Plus FREE completion of tax returns for you and your spouse!
After-hours emergency service
If a member is arrested after-hours, an attorney will be available to assist as follows: When you call our offices after-hours, you will be directed via our auto-attendant to an attorney in your area. The legal costs incurred will be paid for by the insurer, provided all the terms and conditions of the policy have been met.
What's not covered?
In order to keep the premium affordable, certain matters are not covered. For example, the policy does not cover prior events, business matters, family matters (such as divorce and maintenance), and deliberate criminal acts. For details please refer to the full policy document.
Legal and Tax Prestige Plus members who have been retrenched from their jobs are entitled to a six-month premium free period on their policy, provided their premiums have been fully paid up for the previous 12 months.
Who benefits under the policy?
You, your spouse and your unmarried children under the age of 18.
Only R175 p/m. There is a once-off administration fee of R45. You must remain a member of the plan for at least 6 months after the completion of your Tax Returns
To receive the full terms and conditions of Legal Prestige Plus via email, click here.